Chiropractors applying Stretching Exercises in Chicago
Do you suffer from muscle pain and limited overall mobility? Grandview Health Partners is a leading chiropractor clinic for stretching treatment in Chicago. We offer several treatment options including a natural solution to relieve and manage muscle pain and limited mobility.
Understanding muscle pain and limited overall mobility and how it affects you may help you relieve and manage it with routine chiropractic care at our clinic.
Stretching Treatment at Chiropractor Clinic in Chicago IL
How Can You Make Use Of Stretching To Reduce Pain?
Stretching Exercises are recommended by our Chiropractors for virtually every patient and condition that we treat.
Stretching is a nice way to help keep your muscles and joints relaxed, mobile and well lubricated which can help prevent injury. Stretching is simple to do, requires no extra-ordinary equipment and you can do it almost anywhere in your free time.
Stretching is considered a good way to reduce pain and improve overall mobility. However, if done incorrectly, it can lead to injury so it is important that our patients follow instructions carefully to avoid setbacks.
Important Things To Consider For Stretching:
For daily stretching here are some important reminders:
- Pain is Not Gain: You should only stretch to the point where you feel gentle tightness of the muscle and then hold on to that position for a few seconds. If you feel any pain, back off immediately. Stretching is different and the concept of “no pain, no gain” doesn’t apply here.
- Hold It: You should hold the stretch for 10-15 seconds and don’t try to bounce as it can trigger reflex within the muscles causing it to contract and tighten up which can sometimes be counterproductive.
- Make it a Habit: To benefit fully from stretching, consistency will be the key. Try to do stretching at least three times throughout the day. Focus on the target areas that are the most problematic
Stretching your soft tissues help the muscles, ligaments and tendons that are located in the hips, legs and buttocks. Your spinal column and the muscles, tendons and ligaments are designed to help you move. A limitation in its motion can make your back pain worse.
It is important to know that your spine is a chain of 24 segments and each segment has its own limit as to how far it can move safely. If it moves further than its limitation, this can result in injury and pain.
Tip: When You Start A Stretching Routine
Consider the following tips when you start your stretching routine as a part of your back exercises:
- You should repeat the stretch 5-10 times
- Try wearing comfortable clothes when stretching
- Make sure that stretching is pain free
- Do not try to force your body into difficult positions
- Move the stretch slowly and try to avoid the bouncing which can cause muscle tears
- Always stretch on a clean and flat surface with enough room to move freely
If you want to see if chiropractic care is right for your condition, please contact our chiropractors for stretching treatment in Chicago to get the appropriate treatment for you. Call or contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Submit your review
Great service and friendly staff. The chiropractors healed my lower back pain after a couple of stretching sessions.